We are not cats and hence we do not have 9 lives. I am not one of those who believe in reincarnation. Hence, you only live once. And when that is the reality, you need to make sure that you do not leave any stone unturned to make your life better. Living a better life is an art.
To be frank the art of living a better life is not rocket science as well. It is pretty easy – only if you can make some tiny adjustments in the way you spend your daily life, and make it a habit.
– Firstly, you need to stop complaining about things that you failed to achieve in the past, and things that you do not have. Be grateful and happy with what you have. Try to find out positivity in your life.
– One very important and useful step to make days and life better is starting a day the night before. That is what most of the successful people would do at the end of a day. They would chalk out what they need to do the following day. This will help your subconscious mind to streamline things automatically, while you are sleeping. This will in turn enable your psyche to come to terms with things when the day begins.
– Grow up – not physically, but mentally. You have to grow up mentally to be happy as your age increases and things change around you. It helps you to adjust with the changing time and make yourself comfortable accordingly. It also helps you come to terms with the hardships that you have to face once you are out of your comfort zone. That is what I always teach my daughter, and it’s a treat to see her grow up before my nose. I know she’s changing, and that’s quite obvious and I have come to terms with this change, and I am happy. That’s what I mean.
– Drop your ego or attitude if you have any. This will act as a cocoon, putting you inside a shell, which will not allow you to get going with the world, or let others come to you – mentally. Soon you will be marooned and alienated. Getting rid of ego and attitude will help you in befriending, which will make you jollier and more jovial, helping you to set aside the sense of solitude.
– One of the most vital things is paying heed to your emotions. However, there is a catch in it. Do not let your emotions get the better of you, and overwhelm you so much so that you forget the reality and lose your rationale. You need to justify your thoughts, and be coherent. You need to keep in mind that feelings are not the facts.
I know all these are much easier said than done. However, you need to practice these things a bit hard to start off with. With the passage of time, you will find them easy going and your life much merrier and lighter!